Director, Primary Care
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
The Director, Primary Care leads the development and implementation of Primary Care strategies for Harney County Health District. Directs, plans, integrates and supervises the operations of HDH Family Care. Maintains compliance with Federal, State and local laws, and with the Clinic and Hospital policies and procedures. Responsible for quality patient care and a positive patient experience. Coordinates Clinic activities with the Hospital to enhance the patient experience, and to improve financial results.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Plan, budget, organize, evaluate and improve Clinic operations. Create goals and performance measures to enhance operations. Track various quality measures to improve patient care, financial performance, and compliance with laws.
- Plan, organize, direct and evaluate the performance of clinic supervisors, mid-level providers and mental health professionals in accordance with the Health District goals and human resources policy. Provide routine evaluation and coaching to achieve development targets, safe work practices and performance improvement.
- Monitor developments related to Primary Care industry and evaluate their impact on Health District operations and financial programs. Develop and implement policy and procedural improvements. Stay current on trends and maintain knowledge of, and compliance with, Patient Centered Medical Homes, Primary Care health reform and Rural Health Clinic requirements and best-practices. Participate and be active in rural health clinic professional groups to develop broad and current understanding of issues impacting rural health clinics.
- Work in partnership with providers, administration and clinical staff to develop and implement programs that promote health and access to primary care in the Harney County Health District Service Area. In conjunction with the HR/recruiting, develop long-range provider recruitment and retention strategies.
- Serve as an internal consultant and advisor to the Chief Executive Officer/Administrator and Board regarding strategies and initiatives for areas of responsibility. Collaborate with other team members to identify and facilitate clinical services improvements. Serve as a member of the Administrative team, and provide expert professional guidance to Administration on Primary Care best practices and on future trends and issues.
- With other Administration members, continually develop results-driven initiatives that define our success and transform healthcare. Respond to concerns of patients, providers, and staff. Participate in setting and achieving annual budgets, Health District Goals and Annual Workplans. Meet regularly with the Hospital CEO and other members of the Administration team. Attend and provide written updates to the monthly Board meeting of the Harney County Health District Board of Directors.
- Maintain cooperative working relationship with hospital staff, patients, other organizations, and the public to provide quality customer service in a courteous manner.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor’s degree in administration, business, healthcare management, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties. No less than 2-4 years’ experience in physician clinic management. Knowledge of health care administration principles. Skill in gathering, analyzing and interpreting information. Skill in written and verbal communication.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: Master’s Degree in healthcare management preferred.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Supervision of up to 20 employees performing a variety of duties. Additional duties and oversight required as a member of the Administration team.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED: Works under the general supervision of the Hospital CEO.
Pay: $85,000 to $114,000/year
Salary based on experience
Job Status: Full Time