Registered Nurse: Infection Prevention/Emp.Health
Registered Nurse: Infection Prevention/Employee Health
Salary: $30.45 - $46.48
Essential Job Functions:
- Clearly write policies, guidelines, and procedures for uniformity, efficiency and effective coordination of the Infection Prevention Plan using Immunization Practices Advisory Committee (APIC) guidelines, CDC and NHSN.
- Surveillance activities are in accordance with practices such as those used by APIC, CDC, and NHSN.Quarterly rounding results forwarded in writing to department managers.
- Maintain sanitary hospital environment.Stress and monitor maintenance of sound habits in personal hygiene and individual responsibility in infection prevention.
- Monitor and investigate infectious diseases, potentially harmful infectious exposures and outbreaks of infections among personnel; complying with the reportable disease requirements of the local, state and federal health authorities.
- Identify infection risks related to employment and institute appropriate preventive measures.
- Provides education annually and on an as needed basis regarding infection prevention practices which include but are not limited to hand washing and isolation practices.
- Chairs the quarterly Infection Prevention Committee and serves on hospital-wide committees at the request of the COO/CNO.Serves as a member of the hospital Safety Committee.
- Develop and implement CQI program for Infection Prevention Program.
- Provide health counseling for staff especially about illnesses that may be acquired from or transmitted to patients.
- Mitigation of risks associated with patient infections present upon admission and risks contributing to HAI.Prevent and control nosocomial infections.
- Monitors on a quarterly basis, updates from the CMS standards and makes necessary adjustments to policies, procedures and practice.
- Conducts new hire screenings and annual employee health screenings to include health history, immunizations update, and may include a brief-limited physical assessment.
- Refers employees with identifiable limitations and/or health risks to appropriate resources.
- Offers Employee health promotion incentives and educational materials in collaboration with the TEAM and/or Wellness committees of HDH.
- Demonstrates awareness of an adherence to legal requirements pertinent to employee health and safety.
- Maintains summaries and written reports required for employee illness/injury reporting. Trends employee illnesses/injuries to identify safety and health issues. Conducts surveillance and follow-up of employee exposures to communicable diseases.
- Maintain employee health records and keep up to date on state regulations regarding hospital employees. Provide care to staff with work-related illnesses or exposures.
- Plans, implements, and promotes annual Flu Vaccine Program and other vaccine programs as directed by APIC, OSHA, CDC, and other regulatory agencies.
- May provide initial assessment of employee injuries and assures the proper referrals are made in collaboration with Human Resources and Worker’s Compensation.
- Research and develop education training for patients and family members using a variety of teaching methodologies that address various adult learning styles.
- Lead and/or assist with community classes.
- Educate patients and/or family members in areas such as wound care, ostomy care, catheter care, insulin therapy, equipment or other needs as identified.
Direct Patient Care
- Serve and train as one of the RN’s to provide infusion services to patients in the Infusion clinic.
Auxiliary Job Functions:
- Develop and maintain working relationships with other community service providers and function as a resource for and representative of Harney District Hospital.
- Maintain cooperative working relationship with medical staff, hospital staff, patients, other organizations, and the public to provide quality customer service in a courteous manner.
- Maintain work areas in a clean, orderly and secure manner.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures for work areas.
Job Qualification Requirements:
Mandatory Requirements: Knowledge of employee health and infection prevention standards. Medical charting terminology and procedures, standard nursing principles and practices. Knowledge of record keeping practices and computer applications software, including Microsoft Word and database software. Completion of accredited school of nursing and over three years related experience, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
Special Requirements/Licenses: Possession of Nursing License issued by State of Oregon or ability to possess license prior to appointment. Possession of a current CPR/BLS and ACLS certifications.
Desirable Requirements: Completion of a Bachelors of Science in Nursing.
Physical Demands of Position: While performing the duties of this position, the employee is frequently required to sit, stand, communicate, reach and manipulate objects. The position requires mobility. Duties involve moving materials weighing up to 5 pounds on a regular basis, and may infrequently require moving materials weighing up to 15 pounds. If providing direct patient care, physical demands may include assisting patients, lifting, pushing or pulling gurneys and wheel chairs. Manual dexterity and coordination are required over 50% of the work period while operating equipment such as computer keyboard, calculator, and standard office equipment.
Working Conditions: Usual hospital office working environment for most of duties. Some duties will involve indirect patient contact and may expose incumbent to airborne pathogens or infectious materials. The noise level in the general work area is typical of most hospital office environments with telephones, personal interruptions, and background noises. When required to perform clinical duties, see this section for Registered Nurse.
Supervision Received: Works under the direction of the COO/CNO.
Pay: $30.45 to $46.48/hour
$30.45 - $46.48
Job Reference #: HK8LMibe9POt0o0YMXsbmA==