Advanced EMT/ ED Tech
- Job Title: Advanced EMT/ ED Tech
- 557 W. Washington
- Burns, OR, 97720
- Base Pay: $16.04 - $21.58 / HOUR
- Employee Type: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
- Manage Others: No
- Name: Jen Hoke
- Phone: 541-573-8642
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are seeking an EMT to be a member of an emergency medical team and emergency room. This position will work closely with the EMS and ED teams to provide direct patient care to optimize positive patient care outcomes, as well as, help provide pre-hospital care and transportation of sick or injured persons to a medical facility. This position is primarily an EMS position assisting in the ED when not specifically assigned an EMS task as determined by the EMS Department Operations.
EMS Department Responsibilities:
Respond to emergency medical calls and inter-facility transfers, and provide care for the sick or injured patients following prescribed life support protocols.
Operate specially-equipped emergency medical vehicles in a safe manner.
Monitor communication equipment to maintain contact with dispatcher.
Communicate with professional medical personnel at emergency treatment facility to obtain instructions regarding further treatment and to arrange for reception of victim(s) at treatment facility.
Removes or assists in extrication of victim(s) from scene or accident or catastrophe.
Obtain and record information related to victim’s vital statistics and circumstances of injury/emergency.
Complete logs and reports in an accurate and timely manner, both paper and electronic.
Perform equipment, supply, and training aid inventories.
Perform operator maintenance on emergency vehicles and equipment operated by department.
May be assigned specific program responsibilities, e.g. First Responder, Education Coordinator, etc.
Maintain work areas in a clean, orderly and secure manner. Maintain cooperative working relationship with hospital staff, patients, other organizations, and the public to provide quality customer service in a courteous manner.
Follow all safety rules and procedures for work areas.
Assist as needed within the hospital and perform various procedures (within the limitations of the State of Oregon EMS Scope of Practice of Licensure) such as but not limited to: Monitoring vital signs, insertion and withdraw of IV catheters, assisting patients with ambulatory needs, assist the nursing staff with moving or transferring patients from a bed to a chair and other positions, perform CPR, assist with obtaining ECGs, provide help for monitoring patients in the hold room, assist with cardiac stress testing, assist with chart reviews and QA processes.
Emergency Technician Responsibilities:
- Patient Care - Treatment Areas:
- Assist RN with incoming ambulances by preparing patients for physician examinations, and taking initial vital signs
- Prepare resuscitation rooms for incoming patients requiring resuscitation measures
- Participate in resuscitation procedures by performing CPR including simple airway maintenance
- Assist physician and RN in resuscitation procedures such as intubation, central line placement, defibrillation, and chest tube insertion, and external cardiac pacing
- Obtain repeat vital signs
- Procedures - Wound Care:
- Wound irrigation
Support in the operation of the ED. The Health Unit Coordinator’s duties fall within these main categories: clerical, communication and coordination of unit activities
Must have current Oregon State EMT License and/or C.N.A. Certification. Must have knowledge of emergency medical delivery methods and operation of specialized emergency medical equipment. Knowledge of safe driving techniques, especially with specialized emergency medical vehicles. Knowledge of computer applications software and general office procedures. Equivalent to a high school education supplemented with additional specialized emergency medical training, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
Possession of or ability to obtain at time of appointment the following:
- Advanced Emergency Medical Technician –License issued by the State of Oregon to obtain within 9 months of hire. Organization will fund class.
- AHA Healthcare Provider CPR certificate.
- Valid Oregon driver’s license with acceptable driving record.
- State of Oregon approved Emergency Vehicle Operations Course completion of equivalent.
Possession of or ability to obtain within six (6) months of appointment the following:
- Basic Trauma Life Support (BTLS), Pre-Hospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or equivalent.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: Possession of BTLS, PHTLS, or equivalent at time of hire. AHA Advanced Cardiac Life Support certificate, and/or AHA Pediatric Advanced Life Support certificate. Previous emergency medical experience in a hospital environment.