Clinical Nurse Educator/Compliance
- Job Title: Clinical Nurse Educator/Compliance
- 557 W WASHINGTON ST
- Burns, OR, 97720
- Base Pay: $33.6 - $51.3 / HOUR
- Employee Type: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
- Required Degree: Four_Year_Degree
- Manage Others: No
- Name: Jen Hoke
- Phone: 541-573-8642
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Serve as a consultant/resource in clinical and nursing areas and as a change agent by suggesting new and innovative approaches that leads to the development and growth of our nursing staff in skill and confidence, and resulting in the improved quality of care for our patients.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Ensure educational activities are congruent with the organization’s mission, vision, and goals.
Provide education based on quality, strategic initiatives, and compliance needs.
Review state and federal compliance requirements for nursing and perform quarterly assessments or reviews.
Assist nursing managers in:
- Developing an effective and consistent orientation process for new hires;
- Developing unit-based competencies and standard work based on evidence-based practice and recommendations from professional nursing or medical organizations;
- Influencing and facilitating the initiation of, adoption of, and adaptation to changes in policies and procedures;
- Providing mentorship to the nursing staff by giving them insight into their job and helping them to become more knowledgeable on the job;
- Managing completion of annual education and competency needs assessment for the nursing department;
- Monitoring and coordinating certifications required for each unit by utilizing internal and external education resources; and in
- Developing and coordinating the preceptorship program or clinical experience for nursing students.
Develop and utilize simulation scenarios to enhance the knowledge of clinical staff in high risk situations.
Maintain cooperative working relationship with hospital staff, patients, other organizations, and the public to provide quality customer service in a courteous manner.
Model and assure professionalism and excellent customer service standards.
Follow all safety rules and procedures for work areas. Identify potential safety hazards and implement responses to risk to staff and patients. Ensure all safety rules and procedures for work areas are followed.
Mandatory Requirements: Broad knowledge of nursing principles and practices, and patient care management. Knowledge of conflict resolution, staff development, and quality management and evaluation techniques. Completion of a Bachelor’ degree in nursing from an accredited school of nursing and over two (2) years nursing experience or any satisfactory experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
Special Requirements/Licenses: Possession of a current Registered Nurse license within the State of Oregon, or ability to acquire by the time of appointment. Possession of current BLS certification.
Desirable Requirements: Possession of ACLS, TNCC, PALS, and NRP at time of appointment or within 18 months of hire. Previous nursing experience in a Rural Critical Access hospital.