Marketing & Public Relations Specialist
Marketing & Public Relations Specialist
Full Time (32 hours a week)
Salary Range: $23.96 - $32.20
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The Marketing and Public Relations Specialist directs and oversees all aspects of promoting the health district brand and building confidence and trust among our communities. The specialist is responsible for developing, maintaining and implementing marketing plans, creating and implementing promotional campaigns and being the media contact for the district. This position is also accountable for the development and maintenance of web-based communication tools, social media, participating in community outreach events and promoting the health district Foundation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Develop, maintain and implement a written marketing plan which supports the strategic plan of the health district. The plan should be comprehensive, targeted at internal and external customers, and should assist in building confidence and trust in the health district and its providers.
- Periodically assess community perceptions of Harney County Health District and identify opportunities to improve and enhance our brand. Drive awareness and positive brand perception within targeted segments and geographies through marketing and communication efforts that include digital (email, web, video, social media), print (quarterly newsletter, brochures), media (earned and paid media events) and other marketing and communications vehicles and methods.
- Coordinate, edit, and proof, with high attention to detail, all marketing media placed on behalf of the health district - including print ads, flyers, videos, direct mailings, signage, community promotions, and online channels to ensure quality and standardization in all mediums.
- Participate in community involvement at all levels. This includes posting public notices, writing press releases, providing updates at monthly board meetings and promoting the health district’s Foundation. It also includes collaborating with the Community Outreach department on promotional events, presentations, and community education as needed and ensuring that a written summary of our Community Health Needs Assessment Plan and regular updates are maintained on our public website.
- Utilize data to understand success of marketing activities and to drive ongoing optimization with data-driven decision making. This includes use of patient satisfaction data and collaboration with the district’s quality initiatives.
- Develop and maintain a current and robust website presence for the health district.
- Create and facilitate a marketing advisory group that meets regularly to provide input and guidance into all aspects of the marketing and public relations plans and campaigns. Develop advertising well in advance of deadlines to allow for the review and input of the advisory group and of the affected Departments featured.
- Develop a marketing budget. To the degree possible, track results of specific marketing efforts relative to the service being promoted.
- Maintain cooperative working relationship with hospital staff, patients, other organizations, and the public to provide quality customer service in a courteous manner.
- Maintain work areas in a clean, orderly and secure manner.
- Follow all safety rules and procedures for work areas.
JOB QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
- Creative and organized
- Able to handle multiple projects simultaneously
- Take initiative
- Creative writing skills
- Understanding of online marketing is a must
- Ability to work as part of a team
POSITION STATUS: Time required for the position is anticipated to be, and will require time to be spent both in the Hospital facility and time in the community at various locations, as needed to perform the duties of the job.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor Degree in marketing or related field and at least 3 years demonstrated experience at public education, marketing and public relations.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES: none.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: Prefer background in healthcare.