Outreach Programs Coordinator
- Job Title: Outreach Programs Coordinator
- 557 W. Washington
- Burns, OR, 97720
- Base Pay: $18.86 - $25.37 / HOUR
- Employee Type: Part Time(Non-Exempt)
- Manage Others: No
- Name: Jen Hoke
- Phone: 541-573-8642
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Develop and implement services for the Harney County community related to the promotion of healthy lifestyles and/or to support the care they may be receiving from a health care professional or hospital.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Facilitate regular support meetings for related patient (or previous patient) groups (ie:
cancer survivors group) and their families. Maintain a current data base of contact information of all participants, or potential participants and their families.
· Coordinate and support intake process of new participants with clinic Community Health Worker.
· Provide accounting for program revenues and expenses. Maintain program usage data for each participant.
· Coordinate quarterly meetings of the CAN Cancer advisory board. Provide financial reports to include program participation and break downs of money used to support local patients. Protect patient privacy using assigned case numbers or general demographics.
· Coordinate fundraising activities for CAN Cancer. Maintain annual events as recommended by Advisory Board.
· Coordinate with marketing personnel to promote CAN Cancer programs and charitable opportunities.
Outreach - general
· Coordinate activities to support and promote health and wellness programs in our community, including but not limited to 5-1-1-0 program, Don’t Fry Fridays, Veggie Rx, Reach out and Read, and Life Committee.
· Coordinate and assign volunteer helpers for events.
· Work closely with other Outreach staff in organizing event and Marketing manager in promoting events to the public.
· Work with other healthcare professionals to develop community wellness, healthy lifestyles and fitness opportunities and promote them through a variety of direct and indirect methods.
· Establish and maintain support networks throughout the healthcare community and region; work closely with provider clinic staff to coordinate services to patient populations.
· Participate in annual budget and planning process for Outreach Services.
Follow all safety rules and procedures for work areas.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Communications and professional public contact, ability to relate well to others in multiple group dynamics. Ability to work independently and generate projects alone or in small groups. Knowledge of basic methods of recordkeeping, general office procedures, proofreading and counting, data entry, spelling and English. Equivalent to a high school education or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES: None.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: Previous experience in public outreach fields or health education. Prefer some college education. Some background in psychology or social systems ie: education, counseling, public health or related field. Marketing, PR and/or customer service experience preferred.