Registration & Scheduling Clerk, FCC
- Job Title: Registration & Scheduling Clerk, FCC
- 557 W WASHINGTON ST
- Burns, OR, 97720
- Base Pay: $13.11 - $17.62 / HOUR
- Employee Type: Full Time (Non-Exempt)
- Manage Others: No
- Name: Jen Hoke
- Phone: 541-573-8642
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Performs advanced registration and scheduling duties of the clinic with emphasis on customer service. This position shall be cross trained to perform multiple tasks within the registration and scheduling area. This position spends a considerable amount of time in the electronic medical record entering and looking up information, verifying insurance, and at times researching other support services depending on the patients’ needs.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Works at the registration and scheduling areas to assist customers with their needs:
- Performs the “intake” process to register patients:
- Obtains demographic information
- Insurance information
- Runs “real time” eligibility- if not available use outside EMR website for verification
- Obtains necessary signatures
- Scans or makes copies of patient identification documents and other information
- Obtains photos for the patient chart
- Answers questions
- Accepts payments and provides receipts
- Provides a point of contact for patients to help determine their needs and refers them to the appropriate resources as needed.
- Answers phones and transfers calls to appropriate person or department
- Schedules patients for the various types of appointments.
- Assists patients in signing up with a primary care provider or team.
- Assists Patient Services with “close the loop” processes.
Responsible for EMR Data Entry and Patient Records
- Scanning documents into the electronic medical record
- Providing patients with document/files that need to be picked up.
- Helps maintain inventory of paper forms, envelops, stationary etc.
- Entering other information into the EMR as needed.
- Processing medical records requests.
- Entering laboratory results into the EMR.
Works cooperatively with the clinic team to ensure high quality customer service.
Maintains work area(s) in a clean, orderly and secure manner.
Follows organizational and departmental policies, safety rules and department procedures at all times.
Assure that preauthorization of treatments has been made to assure governmental reimbursement for services, e.g. Medicaid. Comply with federal, state and hospital deadlines, rules and regulations regarding payment/reimbursement for care.
MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS: Knowledge of billing and related office procedures and methods, English, grammar, spelling, data entry and retrieval, record keeping, and computer applications software. General knowledge of confidentiality concepts and requirements. Basic knowledge of medical terminology and patient care diagnostic codes. Ability to communicate effectively with the public, insurance companies, and staff both orally and in writing. Equivalent to a high school education and over one (1) year office experience, or any satisfactory combination of experience and training which demonstrates the knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the above duties.
SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS/LICENSES: None.
DESIRABLE REQUIREMENTS: Previous billing office or patient account experience and previous experience in a hospital environment.